V13 review summary move - Page 3 - Ecommerce Forums
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: V13 review summary move

Quote Originally Posted by OHC View Post
    Nice to see a few fellow Floridians. West Palm Beach here.
    Wow, terrific!

Ok, in anticipation of tomorrow's upgrade I've fixed all my alt images and I've backed up as much as I can think of to back up.

Let me make sure I have this product review summary stuff straight because I don't really know what will happen to my pages with the previous awesome move reviews up page workaround...

1. I remove this from my template:

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">
    $(function(){
    if (typeof(global_Current_ProductCode) !="undefined")
    	{
    		       if ($('#pt493').length == 0 )
    			{	
    			$('#Header_ProductDetail_ProductDetails').closest('table').before($('table[width="100%"][cellspacing="0"][cellpadding="10"][border="0"]:eq(0)'));
    			$('table[width="100%"][cellspacing="0"][cellpadding="10"][border="0"]:eq(0) tr td b').after('<a href="#reviews">Read Reviews</a> | ');
    			$('.Reviews:eq(0)').closest('table').before('<table id="reviews" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="10"><tr><td>Customer Reviews:</td></tr></table>');
    			}
    		$('#pt691').parents('table:eq(1)').before($('#pt493'));
    		$('#pt493').before('<br>').after('<br>');
    	}
    });
    </script>

2. I replace the old fix with this new fix:

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">

/**
     * jQuery.ScrollTo - Easy element scrolling using jQuery.
     * Copyright (c) 2007-2009 Ariel Flesler - aflesler(at)gmail(dot)com | http://flesler.blogspot.com
     * Dual licensed under MIT and GPL.
     * Date: 5/25/2009
     * @author Ariel Flesler
     * @version 1.4.2
     * http://flesler.blogspot.com/2007/10/jqueryscrollto.html
     */
    ;(function(d){var k=d.scrollTo=function(a,i,e){d(window).scrollTo(a,i,e)};k.defaults={axis:'xy',duration:parseFloat(d.fn.jquery)>=1.3?0:1};k.window=function(a){return d(window)._scrollable()};d.fn._scrollable=function(){return this.map(function(){var a=this,i=!a.nodeName||d.inArray(a.nodeName.toLowerCase(),['iframe','#document','html','body'])!=-1;if(!i)return a;var e=(a.contentWindow||a).document||a.ownerDocument||a;return d.browser.safari||e.compatMode=='BackCompat'?e.body:e.documentElement})};d.fn.scrollTo=function(n,j,b){if(typeof j=='object'){b=j;j=0}if(typeof b=='function')b={onAfter:b};if(n=='max')n=9e9;b=d.extend({},k.defaults,b);j=j||b.speed||b.duration;b.queue=b.queue&&b.axis.length>1;if(b.queue)j/=2;b.offset=p(b.offset);b.over=p(b.over);return this._scrollable().each(function(){var q=this,r=d(q),f=n,s,g={},u=r.is('html,body');switch(typeof f){case'number':case'string':if(/^([+-]=)?\d+(\.\d+)?(px|%)?$/.test(f)){f=p(f);break}f=d(f,this);case'object':if(f.is||f.style)s=(f=d(f)).offset()}d.each(b.axis.split(''),function(a,i){var e=i=='x'?'Left':'Top',h=e.toLowerCase(),c='scroll'+e,l=q[c],m=k.max(q,i);if(s){g[c]=s[h]+(u?0:l-r.offset()[h]);if(b.margin){g[c]-=parseInt(f.css('margin'+e))||0;g[c]-=parseInt(f.css('border'+e+'Width'))||0}g[c]+=b.offset[h]||0;if(b.over[h])g[c]+=f[i=='x'?'width':'height']()*b.over[h]}else{var o=f[h];g[c]=o.slice&&o.slice(-1)=='%'?parseFloat(o)/100*m:o}if(/^\d+$/.test(g[c]))g[c]=g[c]<=0?0:Math.min(g[c],m);if(!a&&b.queue){if(l!=g[c])t(b.onAfterFirst);delete g[c]}});t(b.onAfter);function t(a){r.animate(g,j,b.easing,a&&function(){a.call(this,n,b)})}}).end()};k.max=function(a,i){var e=i=='x'?'Width':'Height',h='scroll'+e;if(!d(a).is('html,body'))return a[h]-d(a)[e.toLowerCase()]();var c='client'+e,l=a.ownerDocument.documentElement,m=a.ownerDocument.body;return Math.max(l[h],m[h])-Math.min(l[c],m[c])};function p(a){return typeof a=='object'?a:{top:a,left:a}}})(jQuery);

jQuery(function(){
    if (typeof(global_Current_ProductCode) !="undefined"){
    		if (!jQuery('#pt493').length){
    			jQuery('#v65-product-reviews table').addClass('product_review_summary');
    			jQuery('#v65-product-parent').after(jQuery('#v65-product-reviews table'));
    			jQuery('#v65-product-reviews').remove();
    			jQuery('.product_review_summary').css('margin-bottom','5px').find('tr td nobr').prepend(' | <a id="read_reviews" href="#reviews">Read Reviews</a> | ');
    			jQuery('.Reviews:eq(0)').closest('table').before('<table id="reviews" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="7"><tr><td>Customer Reviews:</td></tr></table>');
    			jQuery('#read_reviews').click(function(){
    				jQuery.scrollTo( '#reviews', 800 );
    				return false;
    			});
    		} else {
    			jQuery('#Header_ProductDetail_ProductDetails_span').parents('table:eq(1)').before(jQuery('#pt493'));
    			jQuery('#pt493').after('<br><br>');
    		}
    	}
    });
    </script>

3. I keep the span id stuff for pagetext 493 previously added under Reviews_Display

4. I don't have page text 656, so I remove the span id stuff for pagetext 691 found under Product Details

5. I bring out the crucifix, garlic, and Holy water...and send a $ thank you donation to Marc!
    Last edited by GGG; 09-05-2012 at 06:13 AM.

Kelly, for the most part this is correct. You'll see later tonite if all goes well. I wouldn't worry about it all that much. It's not something that if it doesn't work it gonna bring your site down.
    Like I said I tested it on a trial store with limited product info so it should work as intended but if there are any issues you can always put in a feature request and I'll consider fixing it.

I would highly recommend you use the second version however as it adds that extra little touch to the user experience.
    Last edited by Marc_NY; 09-04-2012 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc_ASN View Post
    Kelly, for the most part this is correct.

I would highly recommend you use the second version however as it adds that extra little touch to the user experience.
    It's the 'most part' stuff that always gets me.

arggh...I'm already in trouble! Meant to paste the 2nd fix, not the first...

How does everyone except me know what time this thing is going down?

Marc, I hope Kelly isn't the only one who can get "Priority Support".

Dangit, reigny...quit bribing him with the pit bull stuff...I can't compete!!

Ok, I've been updated...

So Marc your new code does clean everything up nicely

Old Code with Update
    OldReviewCode.JPG

New Code With Update
    NEW-ReviewCode.JPG
    (It would be nice if the "5 of 5" was closer to the Stars, but I can handle it if it stays where it is.

The only issue I'm having is that the "Read Reviews" link does not appear to function. When I click on it I get "#Reviews" appended to the URL, but the page does not move.

If you get a change would you check me?
    http://www.fragrancestop.com/Maybell.../mayb52061.htm

Review fix seems to be working perfectly for me. woohoo!!! Thanks Marc!

Need to verify in other browsers, but ok with latest FF.

Something funky's going on with the new light box. I'll post that elsewhere...

G,

Is the "Read Reviews" link working for you?

Yes, but I haven't checked in other browsers yet. FireFox.

Are you using Marc's 2nd fix with the auto scroll and did you take care of the span ID stuff?

Yes, I am using the 2nd version and did the Spans.

I just fixed the issue by adding an anchor to Page Text Line 509. So line 509 now reads as follows:
    Code:
    <a name="reviews"></a>{0} of {1} people found the following review helpful:
    I don't know if I am the only one who had that issue, but the above fixed it for me.

Good luck all...

Quote Originally Posted by FragranceStop View Post
    Ok, I've been updated...

So Marc your new code does clean everything up nicely

Old Code with Update
    OldReviewCode.JPG

New Code With Update
    NEW-ReviewCode.JPG
    (It would be nice if the "5 of 5" was closer to the Stars, but I can handle it if it stays where it is.

The only issue I'm having is that the "Read Reviews" link does not appear to function. When I click on it I get "#Reviews" appended to the URL, but the page does not move.

If you get a change would you check me?
    http://www.fragrancestop.com/Maybell.../mayb52061.htm
    This works for me in Chrome normally... I think it's not smooth scrolling because where it says "0 of 0 people found this helpful" you have it labeled as "a name=reviews" when it should be "a id=reviews"

You also shouldn't do this because you can only have one unique ID (reviews) and you have it marked as a repeating pagetext. So follow Marc's directions and his script should create a table header (Customer Reviews that is labeled with the correct ID.

I hope this makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by FragranceStop View Post
    Yes, I am using the 2nd version and did the Spans.

I just fixed the issue by adding an anchor to Page Text Line 509. So line 509 now reads as follows:
    Code:
    <a name="reviews"></a>{0} of {1} people found the following review helpful:

I don't know if I am the only one who had that issue, but the above fixed it for me.

Good luck all...
    I somehow? disabled pt509 a long time ago. Nobody ever used it and it was cluttering up my reviews...

Quote Originally Posted by demitrius View Post
    This works for me in Chrome normally... I think it's not smooth scrolling because where it says "0 of 0 people found this helpful" you have it labeled as "a name=reviews" when it should be "a id=reviews"

You also shouldn't do this because you can only have one unique ID (reviews) and you have it marked as a repeating pagetext. So follow Marc's directions and his script should create a table header (Customer Reviews that is labeled with the correct ID.

I hope this makes sense
    Hey Demitrius,

I added that <a name> because it wasn't scrolling at all. I'm beginning to think it might be that my custom template is missing that ID. I'll keep playing with it and see if I can figure it out.

So the fix is working great for the most part, except the "4.5 of 5" placement is a little wonky:

review summary.jpg

Anyone know how to fix that?