volusion api results not always limited to 100 - Ecommerce Forums

Thread: volusion api results not always limited to 100

volusion api results not always limited to 100

If you look at the scarce documentation for the volusion api (yoursite/net/WebService.aspx), it says that the api will only return 100 results at a time. If you do not use a 'where' clause, then this is the case. (In fact this is some what annoying because you can never issue the same query again and get the same results unless you 'reset' the query in the admin.) However, I have noticed that this is not true if you use a 'where' clause. The queries with a 'where' clause seem to return more than 100 results (can't tell if there is a limit at all actually) and the results will be sent again if you reissue the query. This behavior is more convenient for my purposes, but I am a bit worried that this will change in the future because it goes against the documentation. Has anyone used the api in this way?

I thought it was 500

"When you create an export, it will only output up to 100 records at once. The export will begin with the very first element in the database and export every element up to the 100th element (e.g. the Orders Export will export orders from Order ID 1000 to 1099)."

Without a 'where' clause I see 100 results at a time. You have to issue the query N/100 times to get all the results. With a 'where' clause it sends all the results from what I can see, but I haven't tried with a data set over 500. Also, it doesn't continue where it left off.