Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Anyone else with: 15005-This transaction cannot be processed from paypal pro?

Anyone else with: 15005-This transaction cannot be processed from paypal pro?

I'm getting declined cards from paypal with the error:

15005-This transaction cannot be processed.

The odd thing is that I know several of these customers (none have responded to my requests) clearly seem able to pay for the items ordered. Then today I had another one where the same error occured but 2 minutes later, the same card was approved.

I've never seen this error before and for it to pop up all the sudden worries me. Anyone else see this error when using paypal pro?

Thanks,
    David

Nope. We use PP Express after V rolled it out and have never had a problem.

KKS
    I didn't have any problems yesterday. No PayPal orders yet today. I do not use PayPal Express yet on my site, if that makes a difference.

I would upgrade to PayPal Express. It solves a lot of issues and my non payment issues for PayPal have gone away.

Two issues with PayPal Express:

1. You can no longer send a link from your order requesting payment via PayPal

2. You can't do partial refunds for PayPal within Volusion. You need to go to PayPal, and then do some stuff on the V. side to make everything OK.
    AWCthreads likes this.

KKS
    I haven't had the issues with non payment. Dragging my feet on PayPal Express because I don't like that the button is on the shopping cart page. I'm probably alone in this opinion, but I think some people will see it and think it is the only way to pay. Others will miss it and go to the checkout, where I would have to add script to make PP appear in the payment dropdown.

I'll consider it again soon.

OHC
    I think most of you are confusing the issue. PayPal Pro does allow you to accept PayPal payments through standard or express checkouts. However, it is also a merchant gateway that allows you to accept credit cards directly through your website. We switched our credit card processor to PayPal Pro a couple of weeks ago because they made us an offer we couldn't refuse. So far we are very happy with the change.

So in answer to the original question is that we have not had any issues processing credit cards through PayPal Pro.
    KKS likes this.

GGG
    Quote Originally Posted by KKS View Post
    I haven't had the issues with non payment. Dragging my feet on PayPal Express because I don't like that the button is on the shopping cart page. I'm probably alone in this opinion, but I think some people will see it and think it is the only way to pay. Others will miss it and go to the checkout, where I would have to add script to make PP appear in the payment dropdown.

I'll consider it again soon.
    I need to get PayPal Express enabled soon. Running behind here on tons of stuff.

I just found a V site that doesn't have that PayPayl button in sight anywhere on the shopping cart page or the one page checkout. Only listed in the dropdown and doesn't even appear when selected.

I'll pm you...
    KKS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KKS View Post
    I don't like that the button is on the shopping cart page. I'm probably alone in this opinion, but I think some people will see it and think it is the only way to pay. Others will miss it and go to the checkout, where I would have to add script to make PP appear in the payment dropdown.
    The PP Express button is on the checkout page instead of the cart because its supposed to be so people don't have to go in anonymously. That's the way its supposed to work.

People who use PP know the game. Nobody has ever called and asked "Why don't you accept the four major cards?" You can also put the other four cards with it if you're afraid people won't figure it out. I've got all five payment methods in the left nav and soon to be footer.

GGG
    Only 88 replies to read through to figure out how to get this done the way I want...

PayPal Express issue

Quote Originally Posted by GGG View Post
    Only 88 replies to read through to figure out how to get this done the way I want...

PayPal Express issue
    Then, there will be another 88 replies on how to fix your workaround after V rolls out a feature update, a new version or regular maintenance.
    GGG likes this.

GGG
    Can't find the other PayPal thread regarding that button. Seem to recall that use of was a PayPal requirement?

How fast is everyone being paid by PayPal? I don't like to wait for my money...

Quote Originally Posted by GGG View Post
    Seem to recall that use of was a PayPal requirement?
    Before I started screwing with the template, I contacted PP about the setup. I don't recall whether or not the location of the button was a requirement.

The reason for the placement was explained to me as I referenced above. Makes sense to me and I've had no complaints or mishaps.

Like Ritchey mentioned, I wish you could manually modify orders in admin without going to PP but I can live with it.

I use PP Pro as my MA and I had had a few orders come through lately without payments and invariably they are PP payments. I have never found out if they had a problem or not. The only one who responded to a f/u email said she got interrupted at home and just forgot to finish payment. I would love to know if there is a kink or not during checkout.
    Brenda
    The Gentle Bath & Company

Quote Originally Posted by GentleBath View Post
    I use PP Pro as my MA and I had had a few orders come through lately without payments and invariably they are PP payments. I have never found out if they had a problem or not. The only one who responded to a f/u email said she got interrupted at home and just forgot to finish payment. I would love to know if there is a kink or not during checkout.
    Also GGG I never have a delays getting my money. I think that all depend on what you sell and track record. I have had this account for 6 years and a while ago I got am email from them telling me that because of my exemplary track record that they were lowering my rate and not holding back any of my funds. They never had held any funds before, so it was strange but nice to know anyway. I think it also depend on ratio of revenue and return rate. I am worried I may not be so "special" this month as I had two returns totaling over $600 - ouch! That is a lot for me.
    GGG likes this.
    Brenda
    The Gentle Bath & Company

S-c-o-t-c-h
    Quote Originally Posted by gentlebath View Post
    also ggg i never have a delays getting my money. I think that all depend on what you sell and track record. I have had this account for 6 years and a while ago i got am email from them telling me that because of my exemplary track record that they were lowering my rate and not holding back any of my funds. They never had held any funds before, so it was strange but nice to know anyway. I think it also depend on ratio of revenue and return rate. I am worried i may not be so "special" this month as i had two returns totaling over $600 - ouch! That is a lot for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast