Get Your Author Snippet on Search Results Pages

Understand Why and Learn How to Set This Up Properly on Your Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Paypal Advanced?

Paypal Advanced?

Am I missing something or is this a new offering from Paypal? It's only $5 a month and enables you to take payments on your site (customer does not get redirected to paypal).

This is different from the existing Paypal pro.

So they question is, will/can this be enabled/setup on Volusion?

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/p...ments-advanced

GGG
    This was brought up on TOF months ago. No clue if it could be enabled by V.

Just finished reading the PayPal documentation for V13 and at this point still referring only to PayPal Standard and Pro.

Not that it's big on my wish list or anything...

KKS
    Quote Originally Posted by GGG View Post
    Not that it's big on my wish list or anything...
    Kelly, I resisted the idea of PayPal, but I'm glad I decided to accept it. My customers love it.

GGG
    I want it bad...real bad!!

But I want an integration that works smoothly. We don't have the margin, the time, or the resources to follow up on orders that were supposedly paid for, but really weren't.

Before others here start 'scolding' me, I have looked at this issue at least 20x over by now. We're known for fast shipping & I'm not going to hold up orders for lack of payment while we try to track down customers via email or phone. Furthermore, I already have a checkout that's hinky...I don't need to add PayPal issues to the mix. I respect your business decisions re: anonymous customers...please respect mine re: the current PayPal integration.

And OMG...I think I'm crabby again today...I'm lecturing before anyone even comments!!!

OHC
    GGG,

I can certainly understand wanting better PayPal checkout integration. For us however, we do get a lot of users using it. While the majority come through fine, we do get a few that don't complete. We have found that the best way to convert these to paid is to do a money request through our PayPal account. Since doing that, they pretty much all pay. Usually before the end of the day.
    KKS and reigny like this.

KKS
    Kelly, you have my utmost respect for your business decisions. Not trying to push, just relating experience, albeit limited experience, from someone who was once biased against PayPal. My customer numbers are a relatively small sample, but the PayPal process appears to be working smoothly. PayPal emails me payment confirmation.

I'll be curious to see how this PayPal Advanced differs...if it is possible in Volusion.

Here's what we did to help out the unpaid orders via PayPal problem.*

*Don't bite my head off GGG, just trying to help the others using the paypal "implementation"!

We modified Article 80 to this, probably using someone's code from TOF:

To <strong>pay for your order</strong>, please click the giant PayPal button below. You will be transferred to PayPal's website to complete your order.

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">
    $(function(){
    $("input[type='submit'][name='submit'][value=' Continue ']").replaceWith('<input type="image" name="submit" src="/v/vspfiles/images/paypal-stop.jpg">');
    });
    </script>
    and have this graphic (click it for full size...) as the new button in the location mentioned in the src= above.

paypal-stop.jpg

This has helped a lot instead of that tiny little continue button that was the default. I only see a few incomplete paypal orders in our system. We also are fast shippers. Orders placed by 4 pm our time go out the same day.
    GGG likes this.

GGG
    Dang, OHC...didn't you see my 'crabby' warning? Well, you can't say I didn't warn you

1. A "few that don't complete" is a few too many for me.

2. "Pretty much all pay" is not good enough for me. 100% paid is.

3. "Usually" before the end of the day isn't good enough for me either. We ship as many orders same day as possible...yep, even during the holidays.

Won't get into our holiday ordering guidelines skewed, expedited shipping choices, the absurdity of order confirmations sent without payment, etc. etc.

Swear that PayPal threads make my blood instantly boil. Mostly because it's 2012...and I have a shopping cart that won't integrate seamlessly with it!!

And no shock for anyone from V reading this. Right up there with uptime/site speed and smooth checkout AGAIN in my last "would I recommend V to a friend/colleague" survey.

Whew. Thanks for letting me vent. No, I am not changing my mind.

OHC
    Quote Originally Posted by GGG View Post
    Dang, OHC...didn't you see my 'crabby' warning? Well, you can't say I didn't warn you
    Oh I saw it. Just didn't scare me off. It is also why I prefaced my statement with "For us". I was not trying to bring you over to the dark side, but just give you another store owners perspective. PayPal is a major web payment standard. In my opinion, it is a must to support them or otherwise we are missing sales. I do have many customers that only use PayPal. It accounted for 11% of our sales last month. We end up with less than 1 out of 100 orders that don't get paid. And many times that is more of an insufficient funds issue than PayPal.

I do agree that the integration could be better, but for us, it has worked fairly well and has not been onerous to maintain.
    GGG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KKS View Post
    I'll be curious to see how this PayPal Advanced differs...if it is possible in Volusion.
    Paypal Payments Advanced is definitely a great improvement from the standard and pro, for merchants it's just $5/mo instead of the $30/mo from Paypal Pro.

It works as an iframe at checkout and allows merchants to complete the order without leaving to paypal, there are a couple callbacks that happen in the background. In addition to credit card it has Paypal Express and BillmeLater built into it.

I know of a couple sites using PPA, send me a PM if you would like me to send you the links. I don't think it would be ok to just post those here without their permission.
    Jimmy Rodriguez
    3dcart.com

GGG
    jmartyka and KKS, it's a good thing I like you both as much as I like OHC!! How did I know I was going to get grief for this? lolololol

First of all, thank you jmartyka for posting a workaround to the ridiculous continue button that takes you away from the web site. Swear I have been following PayPal threads since the day I joined TOF and know that some have strongly recommended doing so. Yes, other forum users may definitely appreciate that truly great advice. I will not be changing my mind.

Instead, I recommend that V finally implements a better PayPal integration. It's one of those rare topics that I can't believe even needs to be discussed. Perhaps V doesn't understand all the implications to a store since selling a service vs. a shipped product?

Seriously, seriously, seriously ticks me off!

Seriously.

Hey, I put in an * to qualify my post as being for everyone but you! You weren't even supposed to read it!! :P

KKS
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    Paypal Payments Advanced is definitely a great improvement from the standard and pro, for merchants it's just $5/mo instead of the $30/mo from Paypal Pro.

It works as an iframe at checkout and allows merchants to complete the order without leaving to paypal, there are a couple callbacks that happen in the background. In addition to credit card it has Paypal Express and BillmeLater built into it.

I know of a couple sites using PPA, send me a PM if you would like me to send you the links. I don't think it would be ok to just post those here without their permission.
    Thank you for the info Jimmy. As BBB started this thread, the key question is still whether this is possible with a Volusion store.

KKS
    Quote Originally Posted by jmartyka View Post
    Hey, I put in an * to qualify my post as being for everyone but you! You weren't even supposed to read it!! :P
    She ignored your disallow rule.

Saying this very quietly: the customer is returned to your store after completing the transaction in PayPal.

Please God let it be true. I've been searching for a cheaper alternative to PayPal- hopefully I don't have to go through all that.

As far as orders not being paid for- you know when they're paid for because you get an email from PayPal. When I get an order that says "PayPal" I know I have to wait for the PayPal email; usually they come together. I haven't found it to be a big headache but I have a small company. It also says "Awaiting Payment" until you mark it "Received." That shouldn't be a factor in choosing PayPal but the price should be, LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast